wax concentrate is extracted from Cannabis and falls within the BHOs. The mixture that we described earlier, which comes out of the solvent extraction, is then further treated and rearranged in order to obtain the extract, whose consistency is very similar to that of beeswax. This is why the name by which this extract is known as “wax”.
The wax concentrate in its composition can even contain 80% THC, the psychoactive compound of Cannabis. The product is not transparent and indeed has a waxy consistency; it is sold under several names. The best known are Honeycomb, Budder, Crumble. Budder waxes are waxes whose consistency is creamier and “appetizing”, while the other two products are characterized by a more fragile consistency.
Wax is a marijuana concentrate that has become increasingly popular on college campuses over the last five years.
Safety measures Before Consuming wax concentrate
Marijuana wax typically contains between 70% and 90% THC. That means it is extremely potent. The benefits of this potency include almost immediate and powerful medical relief and recreational effects.
However, high-THC products also increase the likelihood that you’ll experience the side effects of THC, including paranoia, anxiety, and dry mouth.
- Go low and slow. Always use a very small amount of wax, even if you are a veteran smoker. Think half the size of a pinky nail. Take a slow pace between dabs. Wait a minimum of two hours before taking another hit.
- Don’t mix substances. Because alcohol can intensify the effects of weed, consuming both substances can lead to green out.
- Choose a safe environment. This is particularly important if you have never consumed wax before. Since you aren’t sure how your body will react, it’s a good idea to consume wax in the most comfortable area of your home (preferably a place where you can easily lay down).
- Keep company. In case you have an adverse reaction, it’s a good idea to have someone around who can help calm you down or get you medical attention if needed. If you can’t have anyone in your home, at least let a friend or two know what you’re up to so they can check in.
- Stay hydrated. One of the side effects of THC is dry mouth. Keep water nearby to reduce that discomfort.
How to consume Wax Concentrate
- Dabbing. Dabbing is that the most known way of consuming wax. Dabbing involves the utilization of a bit of kit called a dab rig, which may be a specific sort of pipe or bong. You let it cool for about 45 seconds, take your dabber, apply the dab directly on the nail inside the dome, and inhale slowly. Then exhale and enjoy!
- Vaping. Vaping is another popular thanks to use marijuana wax. For optimum effect, choose a vaporizer with a ceramic or quartz heating chamber, and preferably one that has titanium coils to stop accidental combustion. like vaping weed, vaping wax allows you to enjoy the experience without the smoke.
- Sprinkling the wax on a joint. The third commonest thanks to smoke wax is to sprinkle it over flower when you’re rolling a joint or packing a bowl. this is often most easily achieved when using crumble wax. Using something like buddy or resin will create a nasty and sticky mess and you’ll find yourself getting more on your fingers than inside the joint.